This Page

has been moved to new address

Progress!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Progress!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Progress!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Progress!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Progress!

I love progress. I kind of love it too much according to Steven. =) Things getting done hinges on my joy more than I care to admit. It is a refining process, chiseled by the Holy Spirit, on a daily basis.

With that being said, the Proverbs 31 woman looked as if she made an awful lot of progress on a regular basis. I love that girl! And I want to be just like her.

On that note, Emma and I have made some progress. {Praise the Lord!} We actually started on this project about a month ago when I saw this idea on ThePleatedPoppy as seen below.



I got my fabric out and I started snipping while Emma started gluing.

Super fun and very therapeutic (I might add) for all you tired mommies out there who need a no-brainer, non-perfect, stress-relieving project to do with your kiddos. Bonus: it's also educational!!! They will be so proud of themselves after you lavish praise on what a perfectly imperfect job they're doing. Because imperfect rules with this project!

After you've collected lots of snippets, glue the fabric onto card stock squares or rectangles cut to desired size. I used some alphabet stencils I had to make a pencil outline of each individual letter on the card stock squares. This made it easier for Emma to just glue the fabric in the lines with minimal help from me. Click here to get more pictures of these steps.

Then, Steven hung these up for me...
Beautiful door knobs (50% off from Hobby Lobby) that we used to tie our "clothesline" from twine. I love them! I attached the letter cards to the twine with mini clothespins found in the craft aisle at Wal Mart.
So that takes care of one wall.
And these are some snippets from what I've been doing for parts of the rest of the room...
While I did this:
The girls did this:
Please don't ask Steven about my spray painting skills. I mean, don't even mention it. We had this whole long discussion before he left for work about my lack of focus and the detriment it causes when spray painting. A brief instructional period followed. And then I still got carried away...
But a girl has to hurry when you have so much going on. And then throw an unexpected doctor's visit in your afternoon and all attention to unnecessary details gets thrown out the window.

(Any tips on how to get this up would be greatly appreciated.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

lol! You're lucky to be able to decorate their room! I had to remove all pictures from their walls because they were climbing on stuff to pull them down and ended up breaking the glass on one. O_O I'd love to make those letters but I'm pretty sure they'd pull them down! Maybe when they get older...a girl can dream right?!

P.S. Turpentine? Or try anything you've got. =P Nail polish remover?! lol good luck getting it out! ;-)

 
At March 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Hannah R. said...

love the letters!! Such a good idea...I might just do that in my new house! :o)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home