This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure

Monday, March 7, 2011

I finally did it! I got over my fears and joined "the blog world". I've been trying to talk myself into it for months. The Lord's been prodding me His fair share too.

I was first introduced to blogs in 2008 (I think). My friend started one and I loved getting to hear about her life even though she had married and moved to the west coast. This was the one and only blog I "followed" and I didn't know what that term was, nor that I was indeed a "follower". (You have to understand. We're talking about a girl who had never sent an email when she got to college.) Fast forward two years later, two kids, several moves, and a huge house renovation underway, and another friend shares a blog with me: Darby. Wow! I couldn't believe the wealth of practical tips, house ideas, and spiritual encouragement I gleaned from this girl. I had recipes, sewing ideas, fashion tips, book reviews, biblical quotes, and good laughs all rolled into one and right at my fingertips! Yes. I was definitely liking this blogging thing.

Pretty soon, I had a handful of blogs I followed on a regular basis. I would get up early before my husband and children awoke and work on crafts while I read to my hearts delight. I got the itch to start my own last summer; however, fear of man and fear of criticism kept me from doing so. The Lord kept working on me, my husband and friends encouraged me, and then we moved. We moved from the east coast (SC) to the mid-west (OK). And...I don't know if you've looked at a map recently, but they are a pretty long distance from each other. Keeping up with friends and my family is getting difficult with 3 little ones under the age of two. Even with the brilliant invention of Facebook, (and I say that with just a touch of sarcasm) I am still having a time of it. (If you are one of my sweet friends or family members who have sent me a baby gift in the mail, don't worry, I did receive it. "Thank you" notes are on my list to do this afternoon!)

After prayer and several consultations with my husband, I resigned to the fact that now would be a good time to just put myself out there and begin journaling via a blog. I've recorded my life experiences in hardback journals ever since I was 8 yrs. old, but life with three kids is forcing me to give up that tedious yet enjoyable hobby. Typing is, by far, much more efficient. Even with only one hand. Typing is waaaay more efficient. And trust me. Efficiency is high on my priority list these days.

I am determined that this little blog be a place where I can share the memories our family makes while bringing glory to God. If no one ever reads this besides my children one day, I really do not care. It is a place for me to record where God has brought us from and how He is bringing us closer to Him. I do not want to forget. Ever. If you are blessed, convicted, or drawn closer to Jesus Christ by this blog (and I hope you are!) than this blog will be fulfilling its' purpose: to bring pleasure to God. For that is why we were created in the first place.

4 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

Mary Beth! You finally have a blog! Now I need to get better about writing mine again...I look forward to reading and being blessed by yours...it's almost like reading those awesome long letters we used to write! =D

Jordan

 
At March 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

I know! I just went through those letters I saved as I was purging and organizing during our move here. I laughed and cried as I read through them. I'm glad I have those memories. =)And yes...get to posting girl! =) You were my first blog and I have been your faithful reader.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Mary Beth. :-)

 
At March 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger luckyjayne said...

Finally! I am so glad that you are doing this at this time! This makes it seem like you are not so far away. And now....I am real life friends with one of the bloggers that I follow. ;)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home