This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm sitting here typing one-handed again...getting pretty used to that these days. My baby boy would rather sleep in my arms than any other place and by golly I will indulge him as long as he lets me. My girls were and are the independent type. I remember trying to rock Emma to sleep her first week home and she would wiggle and squirm and act as if I was putting her out. As soon as I laid her down in her crib, she got all comfy and went right to sleep. I'm not kidding either. It hurt my feelings at first, but when Shiloh came along (when Emma was a mere 14 months old) I knew God had wired her with that independent spirit for a reason. She didn't act offended that Shiloh had "invaded" our family and taken the attention that she (as the first born) "deserved". (I kinda want to throw up when people act like that.) She only wanted a real live play mate out of the deal. Shiloh was happy to oblige when she got older, but infancy is not the time for bikes, swings, and slides I'm afraid. Shiloh learned quickly that it was in her best interest to learn to sit, crawl, and walk. And ASAP. Do you know what happened to me? I ended up with TWO crazy girls! Emma and Shiloh are now partners in crime who both run wild and free as can be. I actually like that. It exhausts me at times I'll admit, but I know God has the capability to channel it into all the right places. I just hope and pray they are willing subjects. Ahhh...I just hate seeing them grow up.

Now...to keep things transparent here...I did pray that God would fashion Keller to be a calm child. I'm not gonna lie. I know that He doesn't give us more than we can handle. (thank goodness for I Corinthians 10:13!) But I prayed that way. Maybe for the simple fact that I wanted to identify with at least one of my children? I don't know.

The funny thing is, (well, not really funny) is that there have been times when I have felt like I couldn't handle my circumstances before. But do you know what that is? It's brokenness. That awful broken state where you come to the end of yourself. I'm not a down-in-the-dumps-kind-of-girl, but I have reached this state before. You see, God doesn't really say, "I won't give you more than you can handle" as I so often quickly throw out in my conversation. (Note to self: quit saying that!) Instead, He says, I won't tempt you beyond your ability. And where does that ability come from? Certainly not from my wicked self. I know all too well my own abilities and they ain't soaring like eagles either if you catch my drift. God doesn't leave us in our broken state. God steps in and carries us through. God says, He will not let it "overtake" us and He will help us "endure" it. Here's the verse:

I Cor. 10:13 - "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."


Don't you just love that?! God is so good to give us promises like that!

And to safeguard me from thinking, "I'm the one with all the ability" God graciously allows me to become broken. Hard words to type, but I am learning that it is His grace and love that allow me to reach the breaking point. His power is waaay more effective than mine anyway!

How's it going, you might ask? Well, a lot of you have asked actually. And the answer is: so far, so good! And that, as I like to claim, is the grace of God. Adding a third child has really not made a huge difference, except for when we go places. We were finally able to find and purchase a double stroller at a consignment sale I consigned at a couple weeks ago. We had had a few too many duds on craigslist, so I upped my price range and voila`! A practically new double stroller that holds our carseat and has plenty of storage. Another change we made was purchasing the telltale sign of a young and growing family: the mini van. It took Steven a while, but he came around. It makes our lives a whole lot easier than smashing 3 carseats in the backseat of our car. We now have room for our diaper bags!!! I have been praising the Lord every time I go out for that van from ebay let me tell you!


I've been getting up early and staying up late working on my shop: EmmaClaireCollection. It is so rewarding for me! I love the creative outlet it affords me...so therapeutic!

One of the orders that went out this morning:


I've been looking for inspiration since I have a slew of new products I am designing and hoping to add once I deplete some of my winter stock. And I came across these hand bags from EMERSONMADE yesterday and can I just say I LOVE them!





and it reverses to the most amazing stripy fabric (my fave!)...how cool is that?!


Yep...this is a project for me in the near future. I even have some fabric from a drape I bought at our Pottery Barn outlet back in SC that I got for $9.97. Let's all have a moment of silence please. I sure do miss that place and it's kind of convicting how hard it's been to transition here without it. I'm a little...shall we say...attached.

Anyway, I used a lot on these pillows a few days ago.






It is simply scrumptious fabric! If I can figure these bags out to the way I like them then I will definitely be adding to my shop. And they will NOT be the price you see on EMERSONMADE I promise! Who pays that much anyway???

Stay tuned for photos from another project I'm working on. Here's my inspiration from Isabella and Max Rooms.


I bought the drop cloth from Lowes last night and we shall see if I can tackle this! Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger luckyjayne said...

Hey! I bought a drop cloth at Lowe's on Saturday for my "crazy" wing chair! I cannot decide if I am going to slipcover or upholster it. What do you think? slipcover - good for washing, but I sort of want to upholster it since the drop cloth fabric is already casual. Miss you and our talks.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

I almost ALWAYS opt for washable. But my girls are very messy eaters and they are younger so we still have quite a few messy years ahead. =)I'm not a huge fan of the way the canvas hangs so I think if I were you I would go for upholstered. And maybe you could do some aged tacks in it too...I'm not sure if that's what they're called but IsabellaandMax does a lot with those. Off to eat breakfast!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

Here's one:

The Just Right Chair.

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks MB for sharing!! I love your blog - which is the first one that I'm following!! May you continue to inspire us "older" moms to continue to follow our passions of deep times with the Lord and crafting! Melanie

 
At March 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you started a blog, i love seeing how creative you are. It inspires me! I need to get better with my sewing machine, i'm on a kick of refinishing furniture lol!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger luckyjayne said...

Mary Beth,

Well, the plan was to use nail head trim if I did upholster it! I really am leaning that way. I am sure that the boys will wear it out, but I assume that in a few years I will want to do something different. Remember that I originally bought the orange Ikea fabric to cover it?

 
At March 11, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

Thanks, Melanie and Britni! You are both really sweet. =)

Jill! Totally reupholster that chair! I want to see that nail head trim! I am leaning that direction myself actually for a headboard for our bed so I'm going to at least use the trim for that project. Wish we could work on your chair together during nap time - wouldn't that be fun?!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home