This Page

has been moved to new address

Freebie: Before and After

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Freebie: Before and After

This Page

has been moved to new address

Freebie: Before and After

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Freebie: Before and After

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Freebie: Before and After



 Our neighborhood had a yard sale a few weekends ago.

  I had exactly $5 cash with me and I was not about to waste it.  My kind neighbor had a pile of "FREE" stuff lined up and I spotted this rolling cart and knew just knew it was perfect for the room I'm working on. 


She and her sister thought I was crazy when I asked how much she wanted for it.  "Just take it!" she said.  Things like that totally make my day.  I know I'm a wierdo.  Really, I do.  Even Steven - my fullest supporter of my makeovers - thought I was wasting my time by dragging this thing home.  


I endured the criticism.

 


By the time I peeled, scraped, Goo-Goned, cleaned, sanded and primed...I was really beginning to wonder if it was worth it.  My torn up hands told me no, but others' disbelief made me say yes. {Hmmm...as much as I HATE to admit it, I'm beginning to see where some of Shiloh's stubbornness comes from.}

 


 I used Hammered Bronze Spray Paint from Home Depot to finish it off...

 I filled the cart with Steven's art {and a little of mine from high school days}, paintbrushes, mailing supplies, photos, etc.



Emma Claire was enthralled with the art, especially when I told her it was all stuff Daddy and Mommy had created.  She appreciates design and anything artistic.  We are thinking art classes in the future?  How early do you all think is ok for classes like that?  
It was something I always wanted to do.


Total cost?  
About $9 for 2 cans of Hammered Bronze Spray Paint.

Who knew it had the potential to look like this???


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 14, 2011 at 1:08 AM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

I know my mom started art with us when we were tiny and I took an art class at about 4. The classes are fun because they get to get messy...somewhere OTHER than your home! ;)

 
At October 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger C3 said...

I love your "new" cart!

 
At October 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I so admire people with the vision to do a makeover like this. I don't usually even think of it.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home