This Page

has been moved to new address

Reprieve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Reprieve

This Page

has been moved to new address

Reprieve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Reprieve

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Reprieve


"I don't care where we move, just please can it be someplace cooler than here."  
Those were the words I uttered to Steven when decisions were needing to be made about our move with his company last Fall.

God has a sense of humor I'm finding.

We almost moved to Alaska.
And I was a little skeered I should be taking back those words.

Then Tulsa {my first choice} came back onto the drawing board and I had hope again.  From our research it looked like a safe bet.  Temperatures were not necessarily cooler than SC, but looked similar.

However,
from June until a week and a half ago we've had unbearable temperatures.  Around 31 days straight of 3-digit weather.  For a couple weeks, 110 - 115 was the norm. 

 I try to stay on the positive here on this blog so I refrained from mentioning the extreme heat. I was a tad fearful a few choice words would ensue if I broached the subject.  The truth was, I was beginning to hate Oklahoma.  

The kids were going stir crazy from being cooped up inside all the time.  Going to the pool didn't provide any relief since the water got so warm from the unrelenting sun.  Even running errands was draining because the AC couldn't keep up with the heat and you were covered in sweat just from unloading 3 kids into a shopping cart and walking inside of the store.  In essence, it was kinda miserable.

But God sent a reprieve.

Praise Him!!! 


We dug into our Fall clothes last week and we've been spending every spare minute outside enjoying it.  The early mornings are sweater weather - just the way I like it - and really should be shoe weather, but you know how that goes for kids...



And speaking of shoes, we've got a little tot who can't get enough of them.  It's all well and good until serious meltdowns are performed over the fact a size 10 shoe won't stay on her baby doll. Or till the tot thinks she has super powers as soon as the last Velcro is strapped and does a jump off the fireplace that leads to a trip to the ER.  Other than that, the shoe fetish really  is harmless.



Now that the weather is cooler and September is what I flip to in my day planner, I've got the nesting bug bad.  
I mean, real bad.  
The good thing is, is that I don't have money.  {Note to self: must get some money.}  So it keeps me from going crazy.  
But, I've discovered more and more that you don't need a lot of money to nest.

I hit up a yard sale the other day that produced some favorite treasures and Goodwill brought some promising returns as always.  So, I've got lots and lots of projects and ideas to share with you over the next couple weeks.  
I hope you're as excited as I am!

Oh, and I don't know what part of the U.S. you're reading this from, but I hope you have cool, fall, weather to enjoy.
If not, you could always throw caution to the wind and crank up the A.C. for a day, put on a chunky sweater, make some hot apple cider, and put a movie in.  

Just make believe it's cold out.
That's what I do.

HAPPY FALL!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home