This Page

has been moved to new address

Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

This Page

has been moved to new address

Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

Friday, September 2, 2011

Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

Ok y'all.  This recipe has saved my booty on many a 4 o' clock moments when I realize 4 hungry birds are about to open their beaks screaming, "feed me! Feed Me!  FEED ME!"


Baked Bree had it right when she said it can be made in 30 minutes or less with a bet you have all the ingredients already on hand.


She also had it right when she said it was good.  But I don't believe she said how good it was.  So I'm here to vouch for her {like she needs my vouching} and tell you to add this recipe to your stash.

I served it with her enhanced rice recipe.  I basically used whatever I had on hand: brown rice, chicken broth, green onions, fresh parsley {growing on my kitchen table - a first for me!}, salt, pepper, peas, and toasted almonds for garnishing.  I should confess I burnt almost every last one of my almonds, but salvaged enough for this photo.  I always have way too much going on at once and can't wrap my brain around it all.




I can pull this chicken off though.  It's one of those recipes that's just so easy you can't mess it up.

We've never had any left over, but this last time I made extra so I could have some in my fridge for a salad the next day for lunch.  Highly recommend that!  I used the same Balsamic Vinaigrette on tossed romaine and it was perfect and a great source of protein for this mamma.

Honey Garlic Balsamic Chicken

4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar- I had Balsamic Vinaigrette on hand so I used that instead
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice - I didn't use fresh
3 chopped garlic cloves - I used minced
1 1/2 teaspoons honey

Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.  Season with salt and pepper.  Melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.  Add the chicken to the pan.  Cook the chicken until both sides are brown and the chicken is cooked through.  It is about 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Take the chicken out of the pan, and put on a plate and cover with foil.  Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and honey to the pan.  Cook for about 5 minutes, the sauce will thicken.  Use a spatula to get the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan.  Slice the chicken on a bias, and spoon the pan sauce over the top. Delish!!!

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

yum!! This looks delicious!! Do you happen to have the calorie count on this recipe?

 
At September 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Mary Beth said...

I went back to the original source {Southern Living} and could not find any nutritional stats on this recipe. :-( It is healthy - just not sure the calorie count. Sorry about that!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger C3 said...

I made this chicken for dinner tonight. So easy and so good!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home