This Page

has been moved to new address

Summery Invites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Summery Invites

This Page

has been moved to new address

Summery Invites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Summery Invites

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summery Invites

My little Shiloh is turning 2 next month. Hard to believe, but it's true. I wanted to do a fresh and summery theme on a strict budget. And this is what I came up with...
Watermelons are near and dear to our hearts around here. I grew up in Delaware with farm land all around. My grandparents owned a farm and one of their consistent crops each summer was watermelons. I have such fond memories of them coming to visit and bringing us 2 sometimes 3 or 4 of that delicious fruit.

The cost for these invites was about $4. I bought a kids' watercolor paint set for about $1.29 {which we can reuse} and some red envelopes {with lots still left} from Hobby Lobby for about $3.
After my crash course from Steven on the art of watercolor, he got the job of painting the watermellons.
I typed up the invitation in Word and put a border around it. I then used a triple stitch on my sewing machine to sew the green thread on top of the border. This attached the black gingham fabric to the back of the card stock. I thought it gave a nice border and added dimension.

I can't wait for the party! I have some ideas floating in my head, but can't get started on anything since things are packed away. 4 days and counting till moving day!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home