This Page

has been moved to new address

Another First

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Another First

This Page

has been moved to new address

Another First

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Another First

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another First





I made my first Oklahoma baby gift this week! I love saying Oklahoma for some reason. It just seems so peculiar to me that that's even in my vocabulary these days...never ever thought I would know where towns were here much less live here!

We took quite the drive all through the beautiful farm lands in search of a house last night. How I love the beautiful scenery here! The girls never lack for enterainment as we're driving...we point out all the planes {since we live close to the airport} and cows, horses, and goats. There are plenty let me assure you. We live "in town", but you don't have to drive far to get away from it all. I would love to find a house to rent in the country with some land - quiet and restful.

We went and looked at 4 houses and frankly {I'll spare you all the details} we're having a very difficult time. We set up an appointment with this one man to look at a beautiful historical house built in the 20's with all those awesome solid wood doors. We drove up and it had such charm and I really really wanted it, but the man had rented it out {supposedly within the 24 hrs. we had spoken and set up the appointment} without even calling to tell us not to come. Ahhh! I was so bummed and kept reminding myself through tears, "God has a plan. You just don't know what it is yet."

That's really hard to do. It sure does help when you've seen His hand in your life and can remind yourself of all the times before where He's lead you. Clearly and safely directed you down paths you would have never found yourself in if it weren't for Him. I guess that's why I find myself saying Oklahoma these days. If you think of us, please pray the Lord would pour out wisdom for us as we try to discern what's best for our family.

This is completely unrelated to Oklahoma talk, but I just had to share these with you since I wish I could keep them. Steven brought these Naya flats home for me from his trip.
They are 9.5's and are too small for me. He thought they looked "big" {thanks hun! :-)} and would fit me. Nada. So they're listed on ebay now. Click on the picture to be taken to the listing if you're interested.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger AllRusty said...

My best friend and her husband are living in a 600sq ft home in central FL with three children the ages of yours and only a window unit to cool the main living area. They've been trying for 3yrs now to buy a home, and God keeps closing doors. She's been SO discouraged. I know sometimes it is hard to focus on the fact that God's way is best, but I know for her and for you that when the time comes that God does provide a home, that it will beyond what you had hoped for.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Sarah G said...

Thanks for posting. My hubby and I are also looking for a home, and it has been so disappointing and much harder than we would have ever thought. Almost daily I am reminding myself of the same truth "God has a plan". I am comforted that everything God does is for our good and his glory.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

Sarah, I will pray you guys find something soon!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home