This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Girlies' Bedroom}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Girlies' Bedroom}

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Girlies' Bedroom}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Girlies' Bedroom}

Friday, July 15, 2011

A Little Tour {The Girlies' Bedroom}

If you thought I was stalling with those last two posts, you were dead right. But here she is, better late than never!
The room is so small, I had to take several shots just to get it all for you. And you'll see the girls themselves in and out of the pictures. Crazy ones they are!

Now for the details...

These birdcages came from Hobby Lobby and the one in the middle came from an antique store. The family tree frame (still needing to be completely filled) is one of my favorite things I own and came from the Pottery Barn outlet.
I spray painted this bird cage with a coat of yellow and then hand painted with a sample of this robin's egg blue color from Lowes. Next, sanded it all down to give it a worn look. I love how it turned out!
I debated on how I wanted to hang the cages. Then one day, it just hit me. In like a light bulb sort of moment. I bought metal question mark screws from Lowes and Steven screwed them into the ceiling. {He said I went a little overkill on the size and if he knew I just called them question marks I'd probably really hear it! :-)} I then used twine to hang the bird cages from the screws and sewed up these fabric covers from leftover material from the girl' curtains.
For a long time, I envisioned sewing these sweet little birds...
I finally fit it into my afternoon a couple of days ago. This project was short and sweet with some help stuffing from the girls and some hand sewing and embroidering from me and they were done in a jiff. I used mostly leftover fabric from the room. Tip: this bird's wing above came from an extra pillow sham I bought with the girls' bedding, just so I would have extra fabric to work with.
On top of their dresser rests this tree I spray painted. Using leftover scrapbook paper from Emma's invitations, I then cut out the birds. {Took literally all of 2 minutes.} I used tape to attach them.
This birdhouse was in the dollar bins at Target and originally bright pink. I spray painted it yellow and then attached scrapbook paper on the roof with adhesive spray.
To the left of the dresser, hanging on the wall by some handmade wire hooks hot glued on the back, is this bow holder...
I pretty much wung this project. I used cardboard, batting, fabric, and adhesive spray. You'll laugh at this I'm sure, but the strips of linen holding the hair things came from a favorite pair of Banana Republic linen pants I've had for years. Wore them to my wedding rehearsal so they're kind of sentimental. They got ruined by a pen that made its' way into my washing machine, but I'm happy to report they now have a new home!
The girls' bedding is from the Pottery Barn outlet. The comforters were each $19 and the pillow shams were $5 a piece.
The love bird pillows were made by me using a sheet my mom gave me and scraps of fabric I already had.
I don't have the slightest clue how to hand embroider, but I've been doing it and I'm kinda hooked!
These photo canvas frames were also made by me and I love em! I think they are the cheapest and cutest way to display your photos. I tried my hand at my first tutorial with them here.
The rocking chair was my first ever upholstery project. I write about it here.
The ABC clothesline was a project I did with Emma Claire right after I had Keller, if that gives you any idea how easy peasy it is.
Lots of people have asked me about it, so I'm thinking I might do a little tutorial about it. In the mean time, go here, for my inspiration.

And just to show you how much we really have pared down here...
...this is Keller's dresser!
Poor little guy has taken the brunt of most of our space issues here, but I'm happy to say he is getting his very own room in the new house!
It's going to be all boy - I can tell you that. :-)

Speaking of the new house, we move in next Saturday and I'm nervous but so so excited! I still drive by it almost daily, just to look at it.

That wraps up the apartment tour! You'll be getting a HOUSE tour soon, Lord willing!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the birds and cages! everything looks very vintage, which i love. Now you are making me want to change addy's room! eek! =)

 
At July 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Hannah R. said...

Love it, girl!! Looks beautiful :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

Thank you guys! I had so much fun with it! It's all packed up now which is sad, but it'll be fun arranging it all in their new room in the house.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Caleb D said...

*grin* I had to smile at the last photo of Keller's "dresser"--all of our kids' clothes are housed in even smaller plastic drawers that were left over from our college dorm days. :-P You do what you have to do when you live in a small two-bedroom apartment!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

Very, very cute! Love your ingenuity! You'll have so much fun setting up the new house.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home