This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little News

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little News

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little News

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little News

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Little News

Keller would like to interject our apartment tour with a little news:

......................................

~WE'RE MOVING!!!~

.......................................

Steven signed a lease agreement for a HOUSE to rent just last night.
To say I'm excited would be an understatement. {Pause for a moment while I go scream in ecstasy!!!} I simply could not be happier with the place God provided for us. I'm still trying to process it all because it happened so fast. And here's how it happened...

Our lease was ending here at our apartment, so we were doing everything in our power to find something with more space and function for our family. Without it being a dump itself or in a dump if you know what I mean. We do not want to buy since we own our house in SC and since we're hoping and praying Steven can continue to move up with UPS, which will most likely require more moves.
We had enough dead ends with Craigslist.org to last a lifetime. And we had enough faulty land lords and realtors to make your head swim. The house thing was just not working out.

So, we explored more apartments with more space in an area closer to our church and Steven's work. Dragging the kids around for all of this was so hard on them that we finally decided to just make a decision. Or so we thought. We picked luxury apartments in Tulsa with a little more square footage, nicer amenities, but still only 2 bedrooms. I was excited and trying to rest in what seemed God's plan was for us. And I started getting rid of more stuff. :-)
Our friends were moving into their gorgeous new home on Wednesday and Steven was helping. As they were coming in and out of the neighborhood, they noticed a sign saying "For Rent" on a house literally down the street from theirs. The lady who owned it was there at the house and she said we could come look at it that evening. Steven calls me and says, "Want to come look at this house? She said she can give us a tour in 20 minutes." I'd been through enough walk-throughs and no-shows to know not to get my hopes up.

And they were totally not up.

He came and picked us up within a few minutes. I blow dried my hair out the window on the way there and applied mascara at the red lights.
We arrived at the house and it looked gorgeous from the outside. "Brace yourself. There's going to be poop on the walls." I reminded my {what-Steven-likes-to-call-pessimistic-self and what-I-like-to call-realistic} self.

But there wasn't.

The house was perfect for us and then some! Three bedrooms, 2 baths, 1,700 square feet, garage, walk-in laundry room, fireplace, a backyard with covered patio, and an awesome oven {I checked}. And we get to play pranks on our friends at midnight. ;-)

So we're moving in on July 23rd, Lord willing!!!


These verses have meant a lot to me lately...

Psalm 51:15-17

King James Version (KJV)

15"O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

Psalm 37:4

"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Hi Neighbor! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the inside of your little home. I know you will love this peaceful little neighborhood!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home