This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {Dining Room/My Sewing Space}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {Dining Room/My Sewing Space}

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {Dining Room/My Sewing Space}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {Dining Room/My Sewing Space}

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Little Tour {Dining Room/My Sewing Space}

Now we come to my little sewing space.

It's located... ...on our dining room table!

Because I do most of my sewing/creating during napping hours, and because one of the kiddos is always sleeping in our bedroom, all my stuff has gradually made its' way out to our dining area. I don't like this at all! I'm constantly cleaning it off or dragging more stuff out depending on if it's nap time, dinner time, or someone is coming over.

But you do whatcha gotta do, you know?! :-)

Sometimes at night, when the ducklings are tucked in, Steven and I will sit out here at opposite ends of the table and we'll work. He on his computer, me on mine or my sewing machine. Practically everything I sew or create gets the ok from him. :-) He is my constant sounding board and I like to think I am his.

If you sew, you know there is plenty of ironing that goes with it. Thank the good Lord that Jenny taught me this early in the game and saved me much heartbreak!
There really is no ideal spot for our ironing board, so it drifts from here, or to our bedroom, or to the bathroom with the laundry room. Of course, I always wish for a spacious room to just have everything in one place, but that's not God's plan for me right now. And I guess I'm ok with that. To be honest, it depends on what day you ask me. ;-)

Mostly, I am SO grateful for this apartment we live in now. It is not perfect and it can get crazy, but we've found a workable routine that works for us! Most people walk in to our apartment and are surprised. It really doesn't feel super cramped; nor does it feel like an apartment. And that is the grace of God! We were able to cut our possessions in half through selling, giving, or donating when we moved out here. We've become more disciplined with organizing and cleaning to allow routines to flow more smoothly. We "travel light" these days which helps our "stuff" budget and brings more opportunities for travel.

In general, life is simplified!

Today I truly am grateful.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I had to do that the first six years we were married -- sew at the kitchen table and set it out and clear it off regularly. I think most of the years since then my sewing machine has been on a desk in our bedroom. It was only two years ago when one son married that I got my own sewing/craft room. It's nice, but as you say, you make do with whatever you have at the time.

My son and daughter-in-law just moved into an apartment that is smaller than what they've had so far and had to go through downsizing their "stuff," too, even though they've only been married a couple of years. Like you, they've created a cozy place, and even though it is smaller, it doesn't feel that way. You've done a great job!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

I'm happy for you that you can have them live close by! I bet their place looks beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home