This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Laundry Room}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Laundry Room}

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Laundry Room}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Laundry Room}

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Tour {The Laundry Room}

I haven't done anything "interior design" related lately. The thought of us possibly moving dampened my spirits about finishing up the girls' room and our master bedroom. I've made a little progress in the girls' bedroom and really only have a few odds and ends to tie up. But instead, we've been hitting the pool while we can. :-)

Yesterday afternoon, I took pictures of our little home so I could give you a full tour of where we've been living for the past 6 months! I took photos of even the mundane so you could see a little how we tick around here. If this isn't your thing, than this just isn't your post!
{Just a little warning. :-)}

First up?

~ The Laundry Room
~

It is located in our 2nd bathroom that is just outside of the girls' bedroom. This location has actually been really convenient for me. I switch loads during potty training sessions with Shiloh or match socks during bath time with the girlies.You can barely walk in there since I have the dryer on the left.
And the washer on the right.
In between, is the one and only hamper and a rolling suitcase holding scrapbook supplies and photo albums.
One of the first things I asked Steven to do when we moved in, was to add extra shelving. If you live in a small space, I would say this little touch will make your life so much easier! You can buy the ones pictured from Lowes or Home Depot and cut the wire shelving to desired length. We didn't buy all the extra finishing touches that you can add to make it look more finished because this is just an apartment and temporary for us.
As you can see, we use our shelves to their full potential.
Stacked all the way to the ceiling with loose photos, scrapbooking supplies, memorabilia, linens, cleaning supplies, and laundry detergents.
The wire shelving also allows you to hang things.
I hang ironed shirts for Steven, air-dry clothing items, and stain treated clothing on my shelves.
And the best thing is? We can hide it all away! We bought a $4 shower curtain rod from Wal Mart and hung a shower curtain I made for a bathroom back at our house in SC.
{Can't you tell Keller thinks it's swell?!}
Speaking of Keller, isn't he getting SO big?! He can scootch around on the floor already and he's not even 5 months old yet...someone else thinking TROUBLE?! :-)

I am kind of a fanatic about keeping the laundry going and caught up since we quite literally don't have room for it to accumulate in the laundry room. I am good about keeping it going, but bad about folding and putting away. I take it out to our couch to fold and separate into piles...
And then it gets put away. Eventually.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I found some pretty laundry rooms I thought I would share. I swear I would get my laundry folded right away if I had some of these rooms to work in. But then again. Probably not. It sure would be more fun!
inspiration contemporary laundry room
Love all the natural colors. And those tiles? Ahhhh....Laundry Room traditional laundry room
Love the glass canisters, painted wood floors, and the farmhouse table in the center of the room!
BY HARDROCK CONSTRUCTION traditional laundry room
And this one above is my favorite! Everything about it just speaks to me. :-) The window. The ceiling. The big sink. The wood. It's all so lovely and makes me smile.

{Photos all taken from www.Houzz.com
Clicking on the individual pictures will also take you directly there.}


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home