This Page

has been moved to new address

God's Plan for the House

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: God's Plan for the House

This Page

has been moved to new address

God's Plan for the House

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: God's Plan for the House

Thursday, April 28, 2011

God's Plan for the House

There is a verse that I post often, quote often, and remind myself of often. Do you know why? Because it is quite literally the story of my life and I shall share it with you.

Proverbs 16:9 - " A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."

I just started a Bible Study with an awesome group of gals out here in Owasso, Oklahoma: Jonah: The Interrupted Life. Wow! It's like God just said, you still need to learn this lesson so we're going to go over it and over it until you get it. =) Hmmm...I am a stubborn one sometimes.

You see I like to be a planner. I like things all lined up in order. I like to know what's going on. I like to be prepared. "But the Lord directeth his steps." And God hasn't directed my steps the way I had it planned. I didn't plan on getting pregnant on my honeymoon. I didn't plan on having 3 kids in 3 years. I didn't plan on living without my husband because of how much he had to work the first couple years of our marriage. I didn't plan on only having one car. I didn't plan on having to pinch pennies so carefully. I didn't plan on saying goodbye to one of my babies. I didn't plan on moving to Oklahoma.

"But the Lord directeth his steps." I thought if I did the right thing and obeyed God than I would get in return only what I had coming to me. Now, I wouldn't say that to you if you asked me, but that's, in essence, how I thought about life. To be honest, I still think that way sometimes. I remember looking around at other people (big mistake) and asking God why he wasn't making my life easier. "I thought I was doing the right thing, God; why does it seem you're always making things harder?" Now, if there's anything I've learned it's,

1.) Quit looking at other people. It's a big waste of time and God says it's not wise.

2 Corinthians 10:12 - "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

2.) Everyone has their own struggles. They may seem insignificant to me, but it is huge for them. An African woman living in a hut would look at my housing situation and think, "Man! What does she have to complain about? She has running water!" And my husband's been to Africa, so maybe that's why we bought that house. =)

3.) God is not in the business of making our lives easier. That may sound warped, but I'm telling you it's true. You know how I know. Because I've been "through the fire." I can't disclose everything because God hasn't given me peace about it. But I'm telling you He made beauty out of ashes. I fought with God. I was bitter. I was ugly. I was disrespectful. I was prideful. But He didn't give up on me. I can't believe He kept working on me and keeps working on me.

Job 23:10 - "But he knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

So do you know what God's plan was for that house? Well, it was nearing completion after a year and a half of steady plugging away. We were dumping every spare change we had into it so it could be finished. We were running out of change and that was a problem. A big problem since baby number three was on his way. Steven was putting in for every possible promotion at work. One was in Montana. Another was in Alaska. Others were in North Carolina or Georgia. My husband is so diligent I'll tell you. Most men would crack under the pressure of having a third baby in 3 years, but he's a real trooper. And calm as all get-out. He interviewed for months and through a series of events that will take up a whole other blog post, he got this job in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The only place he had interviewed for that I really wanted to go. Boy, God is good, isn't He?!

We moved out here literally 2 weeks later and I haven't seen that house since. Beautiful crown molding went up after I left and all the odds and ends that were bugging me got finished up. So, I have not even seen it "finished". But you know, I am completely fine with that. God taught me to love my eternal home more than the present. And I really mean that. I long for heaven now more than I ever have. I learned how really worthless earthly possessions are. I learned to never get "settled" because I am not the pilot of this plane. And I just gave that house that I had put so much time into back to the Lord. It took a solid year and a half to get to that point. But God did it. And I'm glad.

Here are the "after" pictures, but keep in mind they are not true after pictures because I left before it was all done.

~Kitchen~
Shelving was added and crown molding after I left.

~Living Room~

~Master Bedroom~
Crown molding was added in here after I left as well.

~First Floor Bath~

~Second Floor Bath ~
~ Emma Claire's Bedroom ~
(Blue bedspread does not belong on bed.) =)

~ Shiloh's Bedroom ~

~ My Sewing Room! ~

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

I love seeing the "after" pictures! I really can't wait to be able to do this in my own house one day...I'm guessing my lesson to learn is PATIENCE. =) Not helped by the fact that we just found an awesome house that's basically a blank slate over by Luke's parents! *patience patience patience...*

 
At April 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

Awwww...I really hope you can buy a house soon! I will pray that God let's it happen! =)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

It's beautiful! You did a wonderful job! I love your decorating style and you seem to really have an eye for it. Maybe you should come over and teach me.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home