This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend in Missouri: Part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Weekend in Missouri: Part 2

This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend in Missouri: Part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Weekend in Missouri: Part 2

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekend in Missouri: Part 2


Sunday morning we headed to the Wright's 500 acre farm. They raise cattle and sheep and have chickens, dogs, and horses on top of it all. They have a gorgeous home with spectacular views. You can't take in the view from their deck and not know that there is a Creator.



We enjoyed a delicious Sunday lunch with the whole family. The large amounts of food for the crowd reminded me of dinner at my families' house. Thank you for all your hard work, Miss Heather! Everything was wonderful!

Kaitie and Clayton drove over and spent the afternoon with us, for which I was so grateful.

We were in each others weddings...seems like an eternity ago.


*My wedding photographs courtesy of OH Photography*

********************************************************************************

Mr. Ron graciously took us all on a ride around the farm before heading back to work.

We rode in the back of their pickup truck...

I knew the girls would love it, but I wasn't prepared for how much they would love it...

They were pretty much ecstatic from beginning to end. Makes me smile just remembering it.




This is Joel, the youngest of the Wright bunch. He was so good with my girls that I'm thinking about hiring him to babysit. It would totally be worth the drive. He would take Emma all around the property introducing all the animals to her and explaining things. He helped her gather fresh eggs, let her borrow his hat, held on to her when the drive got a little rough...

Miss Heather and I took a walk with Emma later on in the evening and she showed me all the sheep and their babies.


We enjoyed every minute of our trip and we're thankful for the chance to see true friends again.
The girls had an absolute blast and we stayed too late. But, the trip was well worth it. We'll be making this trek again soon I'm sure. =) Thank you, friends, for having us this weekend and making us feel right at home out her in the mid-west.

One of my goals this year was/is to be a more thoughtful friend, not taking the people I care about for granted. I want to be intentional about keeping in touch with every one and investing more time in relationships. While I believe fervently that my relationship with God, my husband, and my children, (in that order) comes before any other relationships, (and the reason why it takes me multiple sittings to get a post cranked out) I do not want to get lost in this big old world and forget the people who mean something to me. That is very much one of the reasons I started this blog. I'm thankful for new friends and old. There's something special about each. But this past Sunday, I was reminded again how great the old ones are! They just get better with age...as all friendships should get.


I'm so thankful for you, Kaitie! I'm thankful for memories that go so far back I can't remember a time in my life before you were in it. I am thankful for the ability to see and celebrate all the changes that life has brought our way. I am thankful for a friend who I can go way back with who remembers me before I was a wife and a mother, who wore no makeup, had missing teeth, scraggly hair, and ran bare footed. A friend I shared secrets with, discussed my dream wedding with, made cheesy movies with, sang country songs with, and ate chocolate icing in the creek with...(wish I had a picture of that!)

This past Sunday, I was just so grateful to the Lord for the richness of the past.

And because I didn't get a picture up of Aeryn and I at my wedding in the last post...here's her gorgeous self!...

Love you all!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah! Mary beth I loved seeing these pictures and reading the captions. So glad you got to visit the Wrights; it looks like you had so much fun. Missouri looks amazing too. I love you so much; can't wait for your visit. I hope I can be as great a mother as you are:) Miss you. Troy says you pray for me... THANK YOU. Hopefully we can talk some when you're here:) see ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home