This Page

has been moved to new address

Jenks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Jenks

This Page

has been moved to new address

Jenks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Jenks

Monday, March 28, 2011

Jenks

I spent my cold/rainy Saturday morning in Jenks antiquing with my family for the first time ever.













Now before you let preconceived ideas form in your mind about what a place like Jenks, Oklahoma must look like, let me jut in. They host our awesome aquarium, (of which we have gotten an inexpensive membership to already)


Entrance to the Aquarium


1 or 2 Starbucks, a gorgeous movie theater, some fine outdoor dining on the river, and a string of antique stores. Jenks is the home of the Riverwalk Crossing, which was featured in Southern Living's September 2008 issue. I would love to go on a date with Steven there soon..lots of great restaurants and an outdoor theater.

It beat my expectations that's for sure! I have learned not to judge a town by its' name out here...you just never know.

I discovered I could get hooked to antiquing very easily if not monitored by my hubs. He's almost as dangerous as me though. I was rather proud that although I loved all of these:







that I only walked away with this:




A grand total of 5 dollars was spent on this corn meal sack made of soft cotton. I plan to make a pillow for our bedroom out of this beauty as soon as I finish with the girls' room. (I know, I know...I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes)

I did make some progress on their room today. I picked a project that I could get done in one naptime so that I could get re-motivated to finish things up in there. I am halfway through reupholstering their rocking chair and sort of at a standstill with re-purposing their toy bins. So I needed something quick, easy, and not requiring much thought to get the ball rolling again. I will post with a tutorial about it later on. Right now...we're off to the doctor again! The girls are excited. Me?...not so much.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger luckyjayne said...

MB, On your next trip sign me up for one of those grain sacks! Great choice - though I am guessing it was price alone that led you away from the striped plate (it is very "you").
JP

 
At March 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how fun! i've never been in an actual antique store, only goodwill that i try and find something good :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home