This Page

has been moved to new address

Approval

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Approval

This Page

has been moved to new address

Approval

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Approval

Friday, March 25, 2011

Approval



Well, I thought I had it down. I thought I didn't care what people thought. I thought God's opinion was all that mattered to me. And then I go out. I've gone out a lot lately, specifically to the doctor. Keller's been struggling with congestion and reflux...being that he's only going on 7 wks old means it's no light matter. I've taken all three with me 2 of the 3 visits in the last week and a half.

And there's always someone. Someone who rolls their eyes. Someone who shakes their head. Usually there are several who make the comment, "You have your hands full!" with eyes wide and a cross between pity-filled and shock on their face as they count and identify ages. It makes me sad. It deflates my bubble of happiness. It shouldn't. But their looks, stares, and comments take away my joy. The joy that comes from knowing that it was God who gave me these little ones. They must not know how rich I feel. They must not know how much - in all honesty - their reactions hurt me.

My dad always taught me not to care what anyone thought of me. Study the Bible. Know it. Search for the truth. You can walk with confidence because you have searched and you have found. Don't waste time looking at other people - making comparisons or judgments. Worry about yourself. You alone will be standing before God one day at the judgment seat of Christ. Be always ready to give an answer, based upon God's Word, not what you think or feel. I can still hear his words ringing in my ears. =)

How I appreciate my dad teaching me that the Bible says,

I Corinthians 10:12 -- "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

I Peter 3:15 -- "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready
always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

I Corinthians 4:5 -- "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the
hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

How I need to bathe myself in verses like these on days like today. In fact, I think I'm going to print these off right now and hang them up on the mirror in my bathroom so I can try to memorize them.

I must be satisfied with seeking God's approval alone + nothing. Lord, please help me. I know I can't do it alone.



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think sometimes the surprise or shock or the comment "You must have your hands full" are not always meant judgmentally. Sometimes it is just surprise because people aren't used to seeing a joyful mother of many children. But your cheerful, loving motherhood is a testimony that it can be done, and done with joy. It might make some of them think twice about what they've always been told or thought before.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger  said...

Oh, Marybeth, some people will even be rude. We once a had a waitress who said, "Don't you have a t.v.?" right in the midst of a large dinner party. But when you respond with, "We are just blessed!" It reveals a truth to them. You have the power to use that truth as a light because of your testimony of joyful motherhood! You are blessed! Love you!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

So true! I don't think everyone is being judgmental, but it does get tiring to hear that phrase all the time. I have been making a huge effort to say something about the Lord if people want to engage me in conversation. These little ones make great conversation starters!

 
At March 30, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sadly, I don't think it will ever end.Even I get comments and never quite know what to say. I will definitely respond with "They are blessings from God" the next time. Thanks for the inspiration :)

 
At April 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Susanna | Revisionary Life said...

Oh Mary Beth! You've made me cry with the truth you've presented here. Approval of men has been a monstrous struggle for me lately. Thank you for the encouragement in pursuing the favor of God rather than being consumed with the applause of men.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home