This Page

has been moved to new address

Green Fever

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Green Fever

This Page

has been moved to new address

Green Fever

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Green Fever

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Green Fever

So, I mentioned I had green fever in my last post. Well, while checking out of our Neighborhood Market this morning, I decided I'd try a few of these...


And let me just say to all you mothers out there shopping with little ones: best decision EVER! And here are my top 3 reasons:

1.) You can hold 3 times more in just one of these bags.
2.) The loop handles are bigger and can be slung over your shoulder freeing up your hands.
3.) Plus, you are helping to be a good steward of this earth!

I'm a total fan and I don't know why I didn't join in until now. Well, I do know, but it seems kind of silly now. For some odd reason I have this streak in me that hates jumping on the bandwagon. I guess I thought buying into the idea of reusable shopping bags would categorize me with all the tree hugging freaks. BUT! I am converted. And happily. =)
...........................................................................

Speaking of green....I want you to know this is simply THE. BEST. GREEN. RECIPE. EVER!!! If you like avocados or quacomole dip or chips...this recipe will be your best friend. I got it from my friend, Jordan over at OurBlessedRoad. My husband gives me extra lovin' in the kitchen for this one.

Guacamole Dip

Mash two small avocados with a fork. Add one clove of garlic, finely chopped, 1/4 c. chopped cilantro; pinch of salt, juice of half a lime, and a scoop of your favorite salsa to taste.

The picture above shows the fresh salsa I used. It can be found in the refrigerated Mexican cheese area at Wal Mart.

This recipe is quick and to the point and wonderful! Jordan also shares Cilantro Lime Rice (also a hit!) and Vegetarian Whole Wheat Taquitos with this...so check out that link! We're eating all of this for dinner tonight.

And I told you my kids were crazy about food...

....................................................................................................................................

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger luckyjayne said...

Yes, I think that Shiloh is the youngest child that I have ever seen enjoying guacamole! But it makes sense. We started Rocco with mashed avacados for solids. I am so excited to see you! JP

 
At April 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

So glad you liked it! Luke can't STAND guacamole but I make a small batch anyway, just for me. ;-) My boys are crazy about food too...we went out to Golden Corral as a treat tonight and when Derik came home and went to bed said "See you in the morning! You'll get me food?!" He likes to eat. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home