This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Kitchen and Feta Chicken}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Kitchen and Feta Chicken}

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Tour {The Kitchen and Feta Chicken}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Tour {The Kitchen and Feta Chicken}

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Little Tour {The Kitchen and Feta Chicken}


I spend the better part of my day in the kitchen. I think it's my favorite spot to be in besides my bed. :-) For an apartment, I have an AWESOME kitchen. Take a look for yourself...
{I didn't clear Keller's vitamins or the baby monitor or my craft stuff - keepin things real here!} It's pretty small, but the blueprint designer must have really known what he was doing. {Rabbit trail...anyone else besides me think that would be a cool job?}

Because I think the kitchen is set up perfectly considering its' size.
Steven's weird work schedules and the previous house reno kept me from exploring cooking until we moved here. So me and this kitchen are pretty well bonded and bonding still.

My countertop to the right usually looks like this...
Some things are just better left out of reach of the ducklings - and scissors, fabric, and glue guns are some of those items. My computer best resides on the counter top as well so I can follow recipes and tutorials. I've also found my computer time is naturally limited while browsing if I'm standing. Works like a charm!

Function definitely takes precedence over visual appeal these days, but I love when the two can be merged...
And since we're talking kitchen, I'll throw in a recipe we tried last night for dinner. It's 100% freezable. It's also 100% delicious if Shiloh's death screams over wanting to eat it as I was photographing it gives you any idea. You think I'm kidding? I assure you I'm not.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
But first she told Keller, "Don't even think about it!"
And then she gave him a book to chew on instead...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
...So about that recipe...

I used basil pesto and feta cheese...
I put the cheese into a separate bowl so as not to contaminate what was left in the container. I note this, because I should have done the same with the pesto, {thinking I would use it all} but didn't and had to throw the rest away.
I laid out my chicken tenderloins, covered them with wax paper and pounded them a little to make them flatter. I then spooned pesto on each one and smathered it all over.
I liberally sprinkled with feta.
Poked a toothpick through and sprinkled with Italian bread crumbs.
Put them all in a greased baking pan and drizzled with olive oil...
Cooked them uncovered for about 35 minutes and voila`! A scream worthy dinner.
I served mine with zucchini sauteed in butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper Super easy, but delicious!

Feta Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (tenderloins work great)
6 oz. feta cheese
Jarred pesto
1 c. Italian-style bread crumbs
Olive oil or butter

If using chicken breasts, place between waxed paper and gently pound with flat side of
meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. (The thinner the better!)
Spread a tablespoon or so (to your liking) of pesto on one side of the chicken. Place 1
oz. feta cheese in center and roll up or fold in half. Roll chicken in bread crumbs, being
careful to keep it rolled up. If bread crumbs don’ t stick, just rub a little olive oil on the
chicken first. Use toothpicks to keep chicken rolled up. Place in greased casserole dish
or foil pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top. Drizzle with olive oil or butter.
Freeze. OR bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.
You may have to increase the time if partially frozen in the middle. Or you could keep it
covered with foil for the first few minutes of baking to ensure that the center thaws before
the chicken browns.

Jessica says their family loves this with spinach orzo. {Something I have yet to make, but will soon!}

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger C3 said...

I made this chicken for dinner tonight. It was so easy and so good! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home