This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting Settled

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Getting Settled

This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting Settled

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Getting Settled

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting Settled

I'm here to check in and tell you that the move went extremely well, thanks to flexible kiddos, awesome Stevo, and very kind and gracious friends.

There's just nothing fun about moving. I mean, look at this picture:

If that doesn't make you want to move, I don't know what will.

In case you didn't know, it's been in the 100's here for like a month now.

So hot, It'll make you cry and definitely not good moving weather.

So, we {as in my smart husband and those really nice friends} moved mostly everything after dark and into the wee hours of the morning. Then, came back by early the next morning to finish the last load...

I know there's a lot of you in SC who would have helped had we not lived half way across the country. Just knowing you were thinking and praying for us, is simply so encouraging.

The kids really did do great. I'm convinced that when I worry about whether they will behave, they turn on the sweet show.

Just to spite me.

When I think I've planned our schedule in perfect accoradance with feedings and nappings, they turn on the sour show. {Target and Sam's this morning was one such show.}

But really. They showed no signs of transitional stress. Instead, they devoured the Panera during our "picnic breakfast" on the floor on moving morning.

Shiloh found the perfect high chair in our jogging stroller.

We're totally out of wack here and in the midst of setting up house in our new home...and lovin it! Keller is finally in a crib and sleeping much better, which gives me much-needed rest in my huge haven-of-a-bedroom. The girls have space to act their crazies out - and I DO mean crazies.

The neighborhood is quiet and perfect for young families. We have awesome sidewalks all throughout the neighborhood and Emma and I are training for her 1-mile Fun Run at the Y in Spetember. She is my early bird and loves to come in and wake me up to remind me that it's time to get outside and walk/run. If you need a personal trainer, I highly recommend her.

On second thought, she's good at getting you out the door, but don't expect your heart rate to stay up. Every bird, leaf, and bug will cause a break in your routine.

If you need a merry maid, she's stellar at that too...

I'm serious! While she's not perfect, I sure am thankful for all of her help to me in general, but especially with all the cleaning that comes with a move.

What kid volunteers to clean around the house???

Somehow I got one and I feel tremendously blessed.

I'm feeling a good overwhelmed at everything that needs to be done these days. It's nice to turn on the creative side of my brain and figure out colors, textures, patterns, and design. Its not nice to know that this is still a rental and it is not my job to paint the front door and shutters or tile the bathroom. Although, I'm super tempted, so don't be surprised if I show you before and after pictures! It must just be the renovation blood still in me.

The kiddos have been doing this...

and this...

...while I slowly but surely clean and unpack.

I've managed to get the kitchen almost complete, aside from a little organizing of the pantry.

Cooking our first meal in our new home:

And I bought a ripped open throw pillow on clearance at TJ Maxx last night, if that tells you I'm up to no good. :-) We don't have much budgeted for "new house stuff" so I have to turn on the resourceful side of my brain. There's something so rewarding about using what you have or buying things on clearance that has the cashier's head spinning.

My goal is to have the sewing stuff unpacked and organized by tomorrow. It's been a whole week since I've sewn and that feels a little like going a week without diet coke for me.

And to finish this post on a random note: I am off of Facebook. Sorry to those of you who have been looking for me and haven't been able to find me. I've just seen no use for it anymore and realized my time could be better spent elsewhere. Please "follow" me {found on the right side} if you wish to keep up with me here on the blog.

I really would love to have you!

And here's a little tip. I'm not sure how I got it, but I have Google reader which allows me to "follow" other people super easy without checking to see if they've posted something new. It gives me a list of the blogs I follow and then shows all the most recent post updates...saving me precious time!

It really is genius.

I'll be checking my email more, so please please email me if you any questions or want to chat {found under the "About Me" tab up top.} Or leaving comments directly on here is an incredible encouragement to me, although I realize that some of you have said you're having issues being able to do that. My deepest apologies! I am no computer expert, but the only thing that comes to this brain is to try switching to a different "server" {I think it's called.} You know, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. It's ok if you are laughing at this point.

I can't end this post without saying a big THANK YOU for reading my blog. While this blog was started with the intent to journal for my children, I have been overwhelmed by how many of you have said you read and leave encouraging comments along the way. I realize you take time out of your day to sit there and read my attempts to capture our life and bring inspiration to you. I really am deeply grateful. If we were sitting down in "real life" over coffee, I would give you a hug and tell you how God has used you to encourage me through your sweet words.

So THANK YOU!

And consider yourself hugged. :-)

I'll be back sooner rather than later this next time!








Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

So glad everything went well! It takes time to get settled -- I still have things I haven't gotten up on walls yet and it has been almost a year since we moved.

 
At July 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Hannah R. said...

I am so excited for you that you are in your new house! It was so awesome to talk to you this morning...I've missed our long chats ;o) Love you, friend, and praying for you as you tackle that house!

 
At July 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you get all unpacked soon :) I can't wait to see your new house and decorating!

 
At July 30, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger  said...

I've been missing you on fb, so I am going to try to subscribe! (I'm not very computer savvy myself.) I'm so glad you are moved in and doing what you enjoy most: decorating and organizing. Take care! :)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous luckyjayne said...

I am so glad you are back! ;) I knew you were pretty busy so I didn't bug you during the move.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home