This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Paint Goes A Long Way

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Paint Goes A Long Way

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Little Paint Goes A Long Way

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: A Little Paint Goes A Long Way

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Little Paint Goes A Long Way

I've been up to my ears in paint over the past few days. It brings back such bittersweet memories of the renovating days. I literally hold one baby in one hand and a paint brush in the other. {Because you know it's rare when they all will sleep during the same time.}

There are still boxes to go through and places here and there that need major attention, but I am just so determined to get paint up on the walls. I was sick to my stomach that our landlord would say no, but we got a yes on Thursday evening. I kid you not I was up at Home Depot at 6am the next morning with hair all askew and yesterday's makeup smudged to purchase the first round.

There are advantages to being new in town and not knowing a whole lot of people.

And then we found out one of the friends we do know in town gets a 48% discount at Sherwin Williams. So, we got the paint for the Living Room and Office for $18 a gallon. What a steal!!!

This is the color that the entire house is painted in:

It's a great color!
I just wanted to mix things up a bit in a couple rooms.

~ Living Room ~ ~ Guest/Kiddo's bath ~
Tony Taupe - Sherwin Williams Behr - Southern Breeze
This is the Office/Piano Room in the front of the house:
Texas Leather - Benjamin Moore match at Sherwin Williams
I'm in the middle of working on it...can you tell???

This room was originally going to triple as my sewing room, but did you know I have a TON of sewing stuff? It's semi-organized in bins and such, but there's just way too much volume to subject guests to when they first walk in the door. So, I think Stevo and I have worked a solution out of one of the many closets in this house. I'll have to show it to you when it becomes a reality.

I also made a couple runs to Goodwill over the weekend and found some deals! That place is awesome. :-)

We went bowling on Friday night and the girls had a blast!!!

We also went to Kansas last night on a whim. I love that we do that. Like we don't have 3 kids or something. They all fell asleep and we just kept on driving. It would take a whole other blog post to tell you everything we encountered on the gravel back roads of Kansas at 9 o' clock at night.

We did make it to the Laura Ingalls Wilder house where they filmed the Little House on the Prairie series...so cool! We made it back somewhere close to midnight and we're feeling the effects this morning. The memories we made were totally worth it!

I think that catches us up!

Now...back to that painting.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I would so love to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder house some day.

Our whole house is the same color, kind of a blah beige. It's all in good condition and we've had other household things to take care of, so we haven't painted yet, but I'd love to have a bit more color in some rooms. In our old house we had maybe too much -- flowered wallpaper in two rooms and deep dark colors in two bedrooms. So it's been kind of restful on the eyes to just have beige and to see what our things look like against a neutral background. But I am longing for a little bit of color!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

P. S., When I said "the same kind of blah beige" I was referring to all our rooms being the same color, not comparing it to your beige! I realized after hitting "publish" that that may have sounded wrong.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

No worries! I didn't take it that way. :-) I know exactly what you mean...it's nice to have a little diversity. We are planning to go back to the Little House Museum again during the day. We only live like an hour and a half away! Who knew? I'll take lots of pictures for you in case you never get to make it there. You have a place to stay if you ever want to go though!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger  said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger  said...

Next time you're out our way, we need to go to Mansfield, MO., where she and Almonzo lived and where Laura wrote her books. Also, I've been wondering how it was going and looking for the "after boxes" post. You are a diligent gal, just like your mom!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Mary Beth said...

That would be so much fun! We are waiting on the weather to get cooler before doing a field trip back there during the day. It has been scorching here!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home