This Page

has been moved to new address

Slipcovered Chair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Slipcovered Chair

This Page

has been moved to new address

Slipcovered Chair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Slipcovered Chair

Monday, October 17, 2011

Slipcovered Chair


I usually take Mondays to share family life, but this Monday I'm sharing a slipcover project I got done this week.  I was just too excited to show you I couldn't wait.

My sister-in-law {hey, Kim!} gave this chair to me about 2 yrs. ago.  I am SLOW at getting around to my projects - have you noticed?

Here's the before....



And the after...


I didn't spend a stitch of money on this project.  I used a canvas drop cloth I had already in my massive fabric supply.  I used the original cording from the previous uphostery... 


And I used some linen I already had on hand to create a band for visual interest....




{Grain Sack Pillow tutorial found HERE.}

 Now I must get back to life.  Kids waiting to do a Fall craft, fussy, teething baby, breakfast cleanup still left, and laundry heaping on my couch.  Hello, real world!...Ready or not, I'm coming...




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger  said...

Great makeover of the chair. I have a super ugly one to redo. I may just give ya a holler for advice. And, I hear you on the heaping laundry pile!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Looks SO good!!!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Barbara H. said...

That looks really great! I've got projects that have been waiting years for me, too...everyday life takes up a lot of time. :-)

 
At October 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks fantastic!! I love the linen band--the perfect addition! You did a great job. Thanks for letting me know you had finished it :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home