This Page

has been moved to new address

It's A Cold Front

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: It's A Cold Front

This Page

has been moved to new address

It's A Cold Front

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: It's A Cold Front

Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's A Cold Front

 White Chili - recipe passed on to me from my friend and neighbor. {Thanks Tammy!} Recipe posted below.

I turned our heat on today. {Yay!!!} Although it's hard to say this, it was officially too cold for me in the house.  I like it knippy.  I like to wear sweaters and turtlenecks and heap a lot of blankets on our bed at night.  Why I've lived where I've lived the past few years is a good question.  One I've asked God only a few times. :-)

I am relishing these crisp days while we have them and celebrating by cooping up in my house with my kids, 


...eating creamy fattening soups and chilis, baking whenever we have a worthy occasion that calls for it {which means whenever I'm in the mood for cookie dough}...

 Shiloh's idea of "2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet". :-)


...watching movies at night with Steven after the kids have gone to bed, dates with my man at Starbucks on Wednesday nights {and maybe we do window shop at TJ Maxx for fun...he's a good man I tell ya}, 


...walks around Wal Mart just for fun and walks in our neighborhood with the kids all bundled up tight, sewing and painting in my new favorite room {Should I post a reveal date to make sure I get it complete?}, and wiping runny noses...

Keller eating grass outside - pre haircut and nose wipe.  My husband says this is a gross photo, but you moms know what real mothering is like and I just wanted you to know we've got it going on over here too. :-)  Embrace it!

But right now it's naptime.  The laundry's going, I've got wheat bread in my new-to-me bread machine {and it's all I can do not to rip that loaf out and get a bite before it's done}, and Keller's climbing up on my lap, because he thinks he's too good to sleep when the girls sleep. ;-)  Life is calm and good.

My friend passed this recipe on to me last winter when we first moved here.   It was so good, that I froze several batches ahead for easy postpartum meals.  So nice to pull this out of the freezer, warm on the stove, add the dairy products, and have a warm and hearty meal within minutes. 



~ White Chili ~

ingredients:
1 lb. chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil {or you can substitute olive or canola for a healthier option}
2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can chicken broth
1 can chopped green chiles
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream (or milk)

Directions:
Sautee` chicken, onion,, and garlic powder in oil until not pink.  Add everything but creams.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.  

{This is where you can freeze the chili.  Simply cool it a little, pour into a gallon zip lock and store in the freezer.}  

Remove from heat, stir in creams.  Serve immediately.

I normally do not buy chips...EVER...we could get addicted...but I passed these in the grocery store and they called my name. Corn chips + white chili = amazing!!!

Happy Fall!!!

I know I keep saying that, but seriously.  I'm so glad it's here. :-)

P.S. And my friend won second place at her church chili cook-off with this recipe.  Woot Woot!!!!!!


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this soup last night and LOVED it! I didn't use the chilis or the pepper... but overall GREAT seasoning! Melanie

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home