This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall Wreath: Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Fall Wreath: Tutorial

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall Wreath: Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Fall Wreath: Tutorial

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Wreath: Tutorial



 
 As promised, more fall goodness coming your way this week!  
Forgive me if I'm a little slow though.  
I planned to get a bunch done this weekend, but Steven had finals and my baby had spiky fevers on Friday and Saturday.  He took it like a champ and slept a lot of the days away, but mamma was a tad worried and snuck some time away just to rock him.
That boy is the best cuddler let me tell you.  If anyone needs an instant heart soothe, come over and you can rock my little buddy.  He'll let you hold him as long as you want.
I'm pleased to report he's doing much better and acting happier than ever...maybe more teeth are in?

Anyway, fall decor...

If you've been reading here for a while, you know I'm not super traditional with my decor - holiday or not.  Fall does not have to scream loud oranges, reds, and greens.
And don't even get me started on Halloween decorating...sculls, witches, coffins?  In your yard, people?!

Give me muted tones, nature, earthy, harvesty...that's me. 

And that's where these wreaths came from.

......................................
 

........................................

They are earthy and natural and look like fall...to me.
Best part?  I used everything I already had on hand.

You want to make some too???

You'll need:
:: Bag of moss
:: Viny garland {mine came from Hobby Lobby's garland section}
:: Wire wreath form
:: Scissors
:: Burlap Strip {mine was 3.5 in x 46 in}
:: Glue gun and extra glue sticks
:: Nail and Hammer {not pictured}



Start by hot gluing a small section of your wreath form with hot glue.


Attach some moss quickly before the glue hardens.


I would peel bigger chunks of the moss back and add more glue underneath if needed.  


My wreaths were being hung outdoors {on a covered porch} so I wanted them pretty durable.   Oklahoma winds can get fierce!


Keep going with gluing your moss around until it looks like this.  Isn't it pretty???
Now, I'd be totally ok with mine looking just like that, but because I like layers, I kept going.


I took my vine garland and wrapped in a circle so it fit to the size of my wreath nicely.


Twisting the ends together so it would stay secure.


 I worked with the vine a little to get it looking the way I wanted.


Cut the burlap into a nice long strip.  Mine was 3.5 inches wide and about 46 inches long.  One 3.5 inch end should preferably be the finished edge so it won't unravel when you hang it.


 Nail your nail in {wherever you want to hang your wreath} at an upward angle.


Loop your burlap through both wreaths and hang.

 

 I made two for my front window...


I have a real live florist friend who should give me her 2 cents worth. ;-)


Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger C3 said...

LOVE this! You are so crafty! This is a perfect wreath that will take you all the way to Christmas.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I love this! For several reasons: You used everything that you had. It looks so great! And....I too prefer to nod to the "holidays" without being obvious. I love it! I sure hope your florist friend approves, cause I think they are good enough to copy. ;) Jill

 
At October 25, 2011 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

You both are sweet! Thank you! Jill, is there an easier way to attach moss to a wreath form? This method worked fine...I was just wondering if it was the "proper" way?

 
At October 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Lori said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 26, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I just made mine today! Thanks to Hobby Lobby coupons I was able to pick up the 2 items I didn't have for $6! I Love this idea! I love the earthy, natural look and that this can take you through Christmas, and I'm sure you could put a few tweaks on this and use it for spring, too! Great wreath! Keep these great tutorials coming! I loved that you put these on your windows. I used mine for my front door. Now I'm wondering what awesome thing you have on your front door!? =) I LOVE all your fall recipes and creations. Keep sharing!

 
At October 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Mary Beth // Annapolis said...

You are so encouraging Lori! I'm so glad my ideas are working for you girl! :-)

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous krwk13 said...

Em! Your house (what I've seen of it) looks beautiful! Very Pottery Barn-esque. ;) I really do think that this idea might be my favorite.... & I love your garland too. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home