This Page

has been moved to new address

Tips For Creating A Thanksgiving Table

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Tips For Creating A Thanksgiving Table

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tips For Creating A Thanksgiving Table

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Tips For Creating A Thanksgiving Table

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tips For Creating A Thanksgiving Table


I guest posted here last week on the topic of setting a Thanksgiving table.  In case you all didn't get a chance to stop over and visit Courtney from A Diamond In the Stuff, I thought I would share the table spread I created over here too.

With Thanksgiving nearly upon us {less thank a week!}, and lots of entertaining opportunities in the weeks ahead, I thought it was the perfect time to talk about getting creative with your Thanksgiving table. 

First of all, have a theme or direction you want to go in.  I prefer an earthy/natural look and gravitate towards neutrals.  I like bringing in elements from the outdoors to the indoors.
And I'll let you in on a secret: it's much cheaper to decorate this way!  
My kids and I collect leaves, acorns, branches, you name it, and create things all the time for free!


Carry that theme throughout your table setting while being subtle.  
It’s in the little things.

Think in layers!  I like to use lots of texture...



The centerpiece.



It need not be big and showy, but it should be substantial enough that it anchors the table in the center.  Make sure guests seated can see across the table, without having to crane their heads to see around it.


Make the seats personalized.  
Name cards are a no-brainer way you can do this.  Besides, I kinda have a thing for them. 


It’s also wise to have something at each seat that gets conversation started, just in case that uncle you haven’t seen in years says something awkward and you need an out.  

I tucked cards in my napkins at each place setting for guests to write things they're thankful for...


 Don't be afraid to mix and match your dishes.  


You should, however, attempt to have a common thread going with some of your pieces.




The goal is to create something YOU love and that has guests wanting to linger at the table, 
long after the meal is done.  


Are you hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year?  
I would love to see what table spreads you come up with!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home