This Page

has been moved to new address

It's November! Let's Celebrate With A Wreath.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: It's November! Let's Celebrate With A Wreath.

This Page

has been moved to new address

It's November! Let's Celebrate With A Wreath.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: It's November! Let's Celebrate With A Wreath.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's November! Let's Celebrate With A Wreath.


 I love how decorating my home on a tight budget has forced me to think outside the box.  I doubt I would ever think to try some things if I had the money to just go to a store and pick out all the fall decor I like for my home.  Sure I have flops.  But the trial and error process makes it a challenge and all the more fun for me.

This project was inspired by my bush outside.  Yep.  I love greenery and after spending an hour in Hobby Lobby with my kiddos, I realized I just could NOT fork out money for overpriced fake leaves, garland, flowers, and berries.  My kids loved the visual stimulation while we were in there though!  I think Keller was mesmerized that entire hour.

So my bush and I got an agreement going.  He let me cut him up with my scissors with a promise I would never make him look at 8-inch high grass ever again.  
I would be sure to let my husband know too of our agreement.


 

After creating this wreath, I got my Pottery Barn magazine in the mail and saw this:


So I figured I could confidently share my project with y'all since I had PB's blessing.  

You'll need:

::Sprigs of a hearty leafed plant {my leaves were thick and waxy}
::Scissors
::Wire {mine is jewelry wire but you're supposed to use green wire found in floral sections}
::Jute {I used for hanging my wreath}
::Glue gun and glue sticks
::Mini pinecones {found mine for $2.50 in Hobby Lobby in the fall section}
::Wire wreath form



Cut small piece of wire - about 4 inches long.



And cut a sprig about this size - about 8-10 inches is preferably the size to work with but you can go smaller or larger depending on the bush you're using. :-)


 Wrap around on your wire wreath form like this!
Sometimes I wired the sprig in 2 places {one near the top and one near the bottom} if the sprig had a wayward tendency. 
Keep going around the wreath, making an effort to hide your wire as you add additional sprigs, 
till it's completely covered like this...


 Don't worry if it's a little mishaped.  Simply trim off the stray pieces with a pair of scissors.


And if you have bare spots {I certainly did.} just add in smaller bunches to fill it in like this...


 Put a big glob of hot glue on the end of your pinecone...

 {My fingers are stained from the leaves.  You like?!}

And nestle into your leaves...




And hang!!!


I used twine and braided a wreath hanger since we don't have the prettiest door and I'm trying in every way possible to spruce it up.  

But you could just as easily use a simple, metal, $2, over-the-door wreath hanger.

If you want a braided jute wreath holder too, let me know in the comments and I can put a tutorial together for that sometime soon.




Happy November everybody!




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like a tutorial for the braid...super cute, MB!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Susanna | Revisionary Life said...

Beautiful! I've been eyeing a similar bush outside our front door. It's overgrown anyway . . . ;)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Melanie said...

LOVE it!! I might do one for my back door - I wonder if my neighbors will notice if I use his bush for my inspiration?! Another great job MB!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I've always wondered how to put live branches on a wire, so now I know. Thanks :) And, yes, please with the braided jute tutorial!!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home