This Page

has been moved to new address

Autumn Fireplace Penant Banner: Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Autumn Fireplace Penant Banner: Tutorial

This Page

has been moved to new address

Autumn Fireplace Penant Banner: Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Autumn Fireplace Penant Banner: Tutorial

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn Fireplace Penant Banner: Tutorial

Y'all, we had a blast at this Pumpkin Patch yesterday morning!  I'll share pictures later, but trust me.  Little kids and petting zoos, make cute pictures and heart throbbing moments.  

But this:



is what we're talking about today.  

What you'll need:

:: Mailing Paper or card stock
:: Raffia
:: Twine
:: Glue Gun and glue sticks
:: Cutting Board - Scissors would do the trick if you don't have one
:: Scissors
:: Computer and a means to print

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cut paper to 8.5 x 11inch size.  I just used a plain piece of paper and cut around.  


Because I used mailing paper on a roll it was curly.  
If you're using card stock, you won't have to do this step.


So I ironed it.  Yes.  You can do that.  Just don't put on super high heat and burn the house down.


Type up whatever word you are spelling out on your banner on the computer.  Mine was "Autumn".  I typed up each letter on 6 pages in word, font Cambria, size 375.  I note this, because I originally typed it up too large and couldn't make a decent triangle out of my page...so I had to resize.  


Now you're going to cut your pages into triangles.  My ruler is pointing to the center of the bottom of the page and the pen is pointing to the right corner - that's the line you want to cut.


See???


See my honking big letter on the other side of the page?  Yep. 
That would be my mistakes speaking loud to you.


Then cut the same line, but on the other side. 


See my top corner?  Gotta line this up right peeps.


Okay!  She's done.  Now do the rest of your letters.



Now, leaving some extra room on the side with the twine, begin attaching your triangles.


I hope you've got your glue gun warmed up.  
Run a bead of glue along the top edge of your triangle.  Attach twine.


Do this with all of your letters.  I left about 2.5 inches of space between each triangle as I glued.


Grab a few strands of raffia.


And tie into an imperfect bow.  Or perfect.  Whatever works for you.  I gave that up a long time ago.


Dab a squirt of hot glue in the center of your triangle on top of your twine line.


 And press bow down into glue.  Now do the rest of your letters.

And hang up banner!!!


I just tucked the ends of the twine underneath of a picture on one side and a vase on the other...


...and I was good to go!






 Now this is a photo of my fireplace - pre fluffing.
I want you to believe I don't have babies eating twine, fingerprints on my tv, projects lounging around on my hearth, and stacks of wall hangings piling up in the right of this picture.

Nah.

But I do fluff.



And I shoulda fluffed that TV a little.  
Fingerprints and streaks are definitely bothering me now.

{Linking up to this fun blog party here.}

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great tutorial! Your mantel is lovely :)

 
At October 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Carol Stafford said...

Just want to say that I LOVE reading your posts, Mary Beth. You are an amazing young woman. You make me wish that I could go back and have a redo of my earlier days - I would fuss less and have more fun. Your family is truly blessed to have you. Thank you for your willingness to share your life with others, fluff or not, esp. NOT. : )

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home