This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall Candles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Fall Candles

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall Candles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for His pleasure: Fall Candles

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Candles


Here's another easy and inexpensive way to dress up your table, fireplace, piano, etc. for fall.  I wish I could say this idea just came to me like a light bulb one day, but it didn't.  My talented friend {who has amazing style I might add} had this sitting on her island when we were over for community group.  


Anyone who loves twine is a friend of mine.
And you can get everything at WalMart my friends.  {Except maybe the jute twine, not sure if they've jumped on the bandwagon yet.}  That's a big deal to me.  You may have noticed I get most of my stuff from Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby...and it's not because we don't have anything else out here.  Confession time: my kiddos are %90 of the time not good in stores.  Yes.  I am that mother walking hurriedly out of the store with a child throwing a LOUD temper tantrum that has every single person turning their heads to see who it is.  I am the mother with kids fighting over who's going to sit in the seat of the cart.  I am the mother looking harried and stressed while holding a baby in one arm, pushing the cart with the other, reminding a 3-yr-old not to stray too far, and sighing at my smiling, 2-yr-old happily sitting in the seat of the cart after winning her battle.  And I dread shopping because of that.  So we don't go.  And when we do go, it's to Wal Mart to get groceries.  And that other %10?  I cling to it my friends.  It will get better...someday.


So basically, if it ain't at Wal Mart, it's not happening.
This glass vase was $3.47!
I simply placed it on top of a glass base for another Pampered Chef trifle bowl I have and voila!
Gave me some dimension with all three of the vases...


I went a little crazy on the dried bean varieties, but my friend just had three layers.  You can use dried kidney beans, black beans, lentils, corn, or those green ones {which are my favorite, but I can't think of the name right now}.  They come in bags at the grocery store and they're cheapo!


The candles are pumpkin spice from Wal Mart too. 

I have these sitting on my kitchen table.  And sometimes after the kids lay down for their naps I light those babies up and clean or craft and the calmness makes everything seem right in my world.  
I'm very attached to candles can you tell?

Oh, and fyi.  If you have leftover dried beans, they make a great craft for the kids.  Simply draw a leaf outline on a piece of paper, fill the inside with glue {or let them do it themselves} and let them place the beans on the glue till the leaf is completely filled.  Keeps them entertained for at least 20 minutes.  My girls loved it!

Oh, and vacuum cleaners do wonders so don't freak out if things don't look the same as when they first started. :-)



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 4, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They DO sell jute twine at Walmart :o) And I was wondering...does your Walmart have those new carts with the two seats that buckle PLUS the regular cart attached to the front of those seats? They usually have about 3 of them availableLet me tell you...smartest thing they've ever done. I'VE been going to Walmart by myself lately with all 5 kids,and that's something I would never do before...and it's all due to those amazing carts...and God, of course ;o)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

the green things are split peas :) These candles are beautiful! I love the simplicity and yet beauty of the items we can create for just a few dollars. Thanks for sharing yours!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Jordan Boesch said...

Hi Mary Beth! All the fall decorations you've been posting have been so pretty! :) I'm still holding out for Christmas decorating...the MINUTE Luke tells me I can put them up I'm going for it! ;)

Hey, do you mind emailing me your address? I have something I want to send your way! :) My email is myladypatriot @ gmail . com :)

 
At November 6, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Carol Stafford said...

Mary Beth, I didn't see any where else to e-mail you, so I will comment here - Are you guys ok? I was reading about the earthquake in OK, and I didn't know where you guys lived. Was it near you? Praying! Hope to see something from you soon.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

<< Home